U.S. Patents for software have become very difficult to obtain, however, WhamTech is persevering in the patent filing process.
WhamTech was successful in earlier years and was assigned patents, one of these patents is primarily a hardware-oriented implementation, subsequently assigned to Nexql, LLC, a break-off company, but WhamTech has exclusive full use of .
Full patents assigned thus far are as follows:
- US Patent No. 6,334,123, " RELATIONAL PROCESSOR", awarded December 25, 2001, assigned to WhamTech, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,507,877, "ASYNCHRONOUS CONCURRENT DUAL-STREAM FIFO", awarded January 14, 2003, assigned to WhamTech, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,535,150, "METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR IMPLEMENTING RUN-LENGTH COMPRESSION", awarded March 18, 2003, assigned to WhamTech, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,829,695, "ENHANCED PROCESSOR WITH PARALLEL INPUT", awarded December 7, 2004, primarily a hardware-oriented implementation, assigned to Nexql, LLC, but WhamTech has exclusive full use.
Other patents by WhamTech have either been filed as provisional patents and therefore placed technology in the public domain, preventing others from being awarded a patent for the same technology. Other patents are under preparation.
- "WhamTech" (Pending) was in use from 7/15/1999, originally filed 8/24/2000, originally registered 10/16/2001, dead as of 5/18/2012, re-filed 9/17/2012
Other trademarks are under consideration.